HAWAII BIG ISLAND 2016 : Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park

By Cathy H - 8:12 PM

This was the only snorkelling site we went to, and probably the best.The beach itself isn't exactly hype material, as it is rocky and jagged. However, you can see fishes and even sea turtles (I saw three) just from swimming a little bit away from shore. Sunscreen didn't help me at all, and I knew I was going to get burnt, but not as bad as I did. The reflective sunrays on skin definitely does the most sun damage. The fish were beautiful and the waters were clear, I saw a lot of parrotfish and brain-like corals.  I definitely recommend going here! We had the infamous shaved ice afterwards and Thai food  for dinner before sleeping at 9pm due to heat exhaustion. It was a solid day.












  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments